Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 172

Dear Journal - Day 172 on Earth 

Oh my journal, where are my manners? It has been 23 days since my last entry. Where has the time gone? I swear it feels like it was just yesterday I was plotting my plan to control the giants (who we now refer to as mommy and daddy) lives. Dare I say journal, I have become somewhat attached to them. They bring me joy, kind of like a fresh new diaper or a nice warm bottle right before bed. They entertain me and worship the ground I attempt to roll on, what more can a girl ask for?

I do have a few updates on my life that you will be happy to hear about journal. First and foremost, the rolling over situation that I have mentioned on several occasions…NAILED IT! While I enjoyed my view from the side, I finally decided it was time to really commit myself to this task. Journal can I be completely honest with you? After I completed this daunting task that has been looming over my head for over a month now, I can’t say I was too impressed by the whole situation. What was all the hype about? So I rolled from my back to my stomach, WOO HOO? I spent nights wondering, can I do it? Then it happened and it was…okay…I guess. I’m beginning to think my time would have been much better spent doing more important things like getting my toes into my mouth or grabbing mommy’s hair.

While I wasn’t too impressed with rolling over, I must say ‘sitting up’ is much more enjoyable. I can see the entire room when I sit up! Sometimes, mommy will sit me up on the couch with her and I can see everything! There is so much I want to touch around the room, some really pretty shiny things that look important! Just need to figure out how to get to them, but that will have to wait. When I sit up the furry beast likes to come smell my face. Mommy says he is giving me kisses, but I’m pretty sure kisses aren’t supposed to smell like my dirty diapers. I thought my food tasted bad, I can’t even image what they must be feeding him! No wonder he is always hanging out under the table crying, poor thing just wants food that smells good. Journal, I promise now that when I get older I will share my food with the furry beast!

Mommy and daddy did the unthinkable, AGAIN! They left me home while they went out and celebrated their ‘wedding anniversary’. Another reason for me to wear a pretty dress and what do they do? Leave me to spend the evening with my Auntie! Journal, you and I both know I love my Auntie very much but COME ON! I’m pretty sure as the ruler of this house I should be allowed to get dressed up and go everywhere with mommy and daddy! But alas, they were punished for their unkind act. While I was an absolute angel for my Auntie, the next night I decided that mommy and daddy could do without a few hours of sleep. I mean, they spent a few hours without me…so it was only fair. When it was time for me to go to bed, I accepted it because I would need the sleep. But later on in the night, when I knew mommy and daddy were fast asleep…I woke up and started crying. When mommy ran into the room to check on me, I stopped crying and gave her a BIG smile! HA! That’ll teach them!

Today we celebrated ‘Father’s Day’. Yup journal it’s exactly what it sounds like, a day celebrating daddy! I knew something was up when mommy was the one who got me out of bed this morning! I usually spend my mornings with daddy, but today I was surprised to see mommy’s face hovering over my bed! Even in the mornings that woman is excited to see me. Anyway journal, mommy and I had a great morning and let daddy sleep in. Not sure why those two enjoy getting to sleep in, what a waste of a day! They should really consider waking up early like I do and then taking a nice nap later on in the morning. Clearly they need to get on my napping level! Once daddy woke up to start his day, mommy made him a delicious looking and smelling breakfast. To no surprise, I did not get any. Someday soon journal I will get my hands on their food, soon…it will happen soon.  Overall journal, I think daddy had a great day…who am I kidding? OF COURSE he had a great day! He got to spend it with me!

Well journal, it’s that time again. Before I say goodnight, I want to tell you something pretty exciting! I am now on ‘social media’. Honestly journal, I have no idea what that means! I do know that I have an account where I post pictures of myself being freaking adorable, and who doesn’t want to see that? So journal when you get a chance, follow me on Instagram @DahliasJournal.

Until next time,


Dahlia 

No comments:

Post a Comment